Squishies is completely self-funded and as we’re sure you can imagine, it’s a very expensive undertaking. All vet work, food, bedding, litter, parasite treatments and additional items and costs are paid for from our own pockets. Adoption fees help to keep us afloat, but in most cases they don’t cover the costs of standard vet work, let alone other expenses involved in caring for the animal or additional vet costs should they be unwell or injured.
There are many ways you can help with the costs of caring for the animals. Any and all support is greatly appreciated and allows us to continue to helping animals in need.
- If you would like to make a monetary donation, our bank details are:
Squishies Animal Rescue Incorporated
BSB: 033 044
Donations over $2 are tax deductible.
- If you would like to contribute directly to our ever increasing vet bill, donations can be made to the Squishies account at Maroondah Vet Clinic, 30 Moroondah Hwy Croydon – 03 9870 0303
- Donations of animal related products are always welcome. The following things are always needed and very much appreciated.
- Royal Canin Feline Fit dry food is what most of our Squishy cats eat. We go through 30kgs+ per month.
- All animals are parasite treated on arrival and every month, for the duration of their stay in care. Parasite treatments (flea treatments and wormers) are a huge expense for us and always a welcome donation.
- Cat Litter is also something we go through a lot of! Paper pellets or clumping clay are the preferred types of litter for the Squishy cats.
- Collars, leads, beds, bowls and toys are all in high demand with our Squishy dogs and donations of these and other pet related items are very appreciated.
Donation points across Melbourne can be provided on request, or donations can be dropped off at our wonderful vet clinic (details above).
We are also very appreciative of donations of items that can be auctioned to raise money for vet bills.